There are times I enjoy a simple bowl of cereal for dinner, and then there are nights like this...
|Grilled Salmon with Roasted Corn Relish|
3 shucked ears of corn
1 cup diced bell pepper (I used red)
1 cup diced tomatoes
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
fresh cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
1. Prepare grill.
2. Soak corn for at least an hour in the shucks. Place corn (with shucks still on) on grill rack coated with a little oil, grill 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally. The outside will be nearly black, but fear not! It gives it amazing flavor. Let cool a bit, then cut the kernels from the cobs.
3. Combine corn, bell peppers, tomato, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and lemon juice and toss gently.
4. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and cumin and mix well and rub over both sides of the salmon.
5. Place salmon on grill rack (you can also line the grill with foil so the salmon doesn't stick or fall apart) and grill about 4 minutes on each side.
6. Serve that smoky sweet salmon over the tangy corn relish. I added a little basil just to make it look nice. Divine.